How to look good in photos
1. Use a natural smile.
- Only natural smile looks pretty in photos. Don’t fake it, because nothing can ruin a photo faster than a fake smile.
- Think of a joke. Tell a joke. Remember a funny or happy moment from the past. Or just imagine something funny in front of you. Just always remember: smile naturally, this is the best kind of smile.
- Wet your lips before smiling. This will add a little more light to your face and prevent any unsightly cracks.
2. Angle your face.
- Try to avoid taking a picture of the face straight-on. That takes away all the shadows from the face and makes it look wider.
- Angle you face slightly away from the camera so that shadows are created along the cheekbones and the nose.
- Don’t force severe angles. You want to look and feel comfortably and relaxed.
- Avoid a double chin. Move your chin a little forward and down.
3. Emphasize Your Eyes
- Keep your eyes wide open without looking scared.
- If you want to make your eyes look bigger – use make up. Any other tricks to open your eyes wider won’t look natural.
- Do not look completely away from the camera. It will mostly show only your whites. You can look to the side slightly off-center.
- To help you avoid blinking in the middle of the shot – close your eyes for few seconds before the shot is taken.
4. Know your better side and use it!
- Many of us claim to have a ‘good side’ and have a preference to the angle at which we are photographed so we’re not faced with unflattering shots.To find your best side, take a few selfies of each side, and compare to see which you prefer.
- If you aren’t able to find your best side, just go with the left side, which research suggests may be more aesthetically pleasing for most faces.
5. Angle your body.
- Just as with the face- try to avoid posing your body straight on in front of the camera. Straight angle will add weight. Instead turn at a 45% angle.
- Fix your posture. Good posture will make you appear taller and slimmer. Here is a little trick for a good posture. Pretend you are squeezing a lemon in between your shoulder blades to instantly improve slumping shoulders.
- Place your arms away from your torso. This will define your midsection and will make your arms look slimmer instantly.
6. Find a place for your hands and arms.
- If you don’t want a lifeless picture – don’t just hang you hands at your sides.
- Here are few visual ideas on what to do with your hands.
- Usually, ladies would love their hands to look thinner – so they should make sure that their hands are away from their body. While guys would love their hands to look bigger, so they should keep their hands close to their bodies.
7. Position your legs.
- Keep you legs relaxed, because stiff legs don’t look natural.
- One of the most flattering positions for a lady is crossing her legs. This is good for both sitting and standing positions.
- If you are standing, bend one knee a bit and place it in front of the other knee. This trick will make your legs appear thinner.
- On of the leg position for the guys is spreading their legs a little. Don’t overdo it, because it will look unnatural and aggressive.
8. Relax your shoulders.
- Your shoulders should never face the camera directly. Instead, slightly angle them.This will give your body a more flattering view.
- If you can, drop one shoulder so it will be lower than the other. Make sure you are comfortable managing it. This will add some depth to the picture.
9. Bend your joints
- To avoid stiff look on the photo, bend your knees, elbows, hips, ankles and wrists for a more natural and relaxed look.