When you are in a need to cook something delicious, healthy and FAST – this is a very nice recipe. I prepared it yesterday for my family. It tasted and smelled sooo nice!
Here are few tips from me before we get to the recipe itself. Depending on the vegetables you are going to be using ( I used carrots and broccoli)…..but if you decide to cook it with carrot or sweet potatoes – either cut carrots/sweet potatoes into smaller pieces, or cook for few minutes in a microwave BEFORE putting them into the oven. They need a bit more time than chicken and broccoli. Also, if you don’t like your broccoli too cooked, add it to the tray somewhere in the middle of the cooking…..
If you decide to go with chicken breast instead of thighs, here are few tips how to make bake it juicy:
- Brine it
Put warm water into the bowl and add and dissolve salt in it. Add chicken breast into the water and brine for 15 minutes. Take it out after, wash under cold water and pat dry.
- Brush the chicken breast
…with melted butter or olive oil ( or basically any of your favorite cooking oils). Brush it on both sides. This will ensure that it will not stick to the bottom and that it will help seasoning stick better.
- Rub the chicken
… with the seasoning on both sides.
- Roast it
…on high for less time. Roast it at 450F for 15 minutes. If you have a small cooking thermometer ( which is a great thing to invest into) measure the temp of the chicken , it should be 160-170F fully cooked. Cooking faster on high will give it that perfect “crust” on the outside of the breasts, at the same time it will lock in those juices and will keep the chicken perfectly tender on the inside. Don’t just cut a piece of that breast to check out if its ready…it will release all the juices out and you might end up with a dry piece.
- Rest the chicken
Patience is the key. Let your chicken breast rest before cutting it. If you cut in right away, you will lose all of these juices and some of the tenderness that we try to reach in here! Let you bird chill for 5-10 minutes, so it can finish cooking and soak up all of the juices. You can put a sheet ot aluminum foil over the tray to keep the heat it.
This is how we deal with chicken breast. But lets get back to the recipe itself.
- Chicken thighs ( or chicken breast)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive oil
- Put parchment paper into the tray. Pour/spray some olive oil ( or any kind of you favorite oils) and put your chicken on the middle of the tray.
- Put veggies on the sides of the tray.
- Mince your garlic and put on top of chicken and veggies.
- Add rosemary, paprika, salt and pepper over the chicken and veggies.
- Pour some olive oil over your chicken and veggies.
- Heat the over to 400F. Cook for 30 minutes. Or if you have cooking thermometer make sure it shows 160-170F.
- If you are cooking chicken breast, please cook at 450F for 15 minutes. Please check my “tips how to make bake chicken breast juicy” at the beginning of the recipe.